Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Serves 2 people
A next-level breakfast or the perfect meal for a quick lunch. The wild mushroom pesto brings decadence to the dish with minimal effort.
1 tsp Verdemanda Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp wild mushroom pesto
1 small sprig tarragon, stalks removed
5 large eggs
2 tbsp butter
Bread for toasting (optional)
- Step 0: Place a medium pan on medium to high heat and when hot, add the olive oil and swirl around. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Stir the spinach a couple of times until it has just wilted, then remove it to a colander or sieve and allow it to drain. Gently squeeze out some of the water, then roughly chop. Add to a bowl and mix with the pesto, tarragon, and a little more pepper then taste.
- Step 1: Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat till combined.
- Step 2: Place a 23cm non-stick frying pan on a medium to high heat and allow to heat up for a minute. Add 1 tbsp butter, which should then begin to melt and foam straight away. Swirl around to coat the pan and once the foam has died down, add half the eggs, and shake to distribute. Leave for around 20 seconds so that they begin to set and bubble, then add half the spinach filling evenly along the centre.
- Step 3: Using a spatula, pull the cooked egg from the edges of the pan to the centre, then tilt the pan to allow the uncooked egg to recoat the pan. Repeat once more, then the omelette is ready when the centre is still slightly runny.
- Step 4: Remove from the heat then fold the edges of the omelette over the remaining filling. Run the spatula underneath to loosen the omelette, then place a warm plate on top and flip the pan over. Keep the first omelette warm whilst you make the second one and toast the bread if using.